Friday, February 29, 2008

Quick Review .. :)

Atlast, I bought my first digital camera a week back. I had postponned buying one for a long time. I used to take pics/videos with my dad's camera/handycam at almost every family gathering. I used to be one of the official photographers at all the outings during btech(Back in good old btech day's, Nandhini used to hand over her Analog camera and extra rolls to me and forget all about her camera when I was around :D. These days she is no longer nice to me; she gave me only limited access to her digital camera during the Canyon trip .. else I would have taken a good 4 digit number of pics :D ). On several occasions in the recent past, many of my friends and cousins were surprised to know that I did'nt own a camera of my own. They know how much I love taking pictures. The reason for not buying one all this while is also the same("Prevention is better than cure" -- a friend correctly pointed out when I told the reason for not buying one). I think its one kind of obsession(may be too strong a term) that I posess among many others I refuse to accept. :) ..
Lets talk about camera's now.

I always wanted to buy a Black color camera but I ended up buying a silver color one. Black was not available in the model I wanted on the day I wanted to buy it. I did'nt want to miss the pictures I could take at cousins wedding the next day. So had to compromise with the color.

A few things I learned about few sony camera's in the process of buying one.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80 .. thats the one I bought .. its 7.2MP .. 3X optical zoom .. very good camera .. cost is about 190$ .. I got for 189$ in sears .. it was sold out in circuit city for 179$ and 169$ in Best Buy ..

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W90 .. comes in black color .. looks pretty good .. but comes at an additional cost of about 40$(costs about 230$) with no additional features .. expect that it is 8.1MP .. I learned that you would not find any difference between 7.2MP and 8.1MP unless you go for large size prints .. (I almost bought this one just for the color .. but later decided not to .. :)) ..

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 .. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 .. overly prized .. 5X optical zoom is the only thing that attracted me to these camera's .. and yeah they look pretty good also .. it has a big LCD display with touch screen controls .. the sales person in the circuit city rightly pointed out the negative point about this camera .. there is no view finder .. you can only look at the LCD while taking pics .. this would make your job very difficult on a sunny day .. you will not be able to see anything ..

will update this post with more .. later!

1 Comments:

At June 1, 2008 at 6:54:00 AM EDT, Blogger D said...

one negative point about W80 .. there is no option for zoom in video mode .. I checked a few other W series camera's and too are short of this feature .. however, sony t10 has this option ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home